TERMS & CONDITIONS
Last modified 03/15/2018
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY
The Brown Shed exclusively owns and controls the Sites, which provides information about my products and services and may, from time to time, provide access to educational materials pertaining to a variety of antiques and home goods. You agree that, use or access to any or all of the Sites does not, standing alone, create any sort of representation or future promise.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, as between you and The Brown Shed, The Brown Shed owns all right, title, and interest in and to the Sites, including, without limitation, graphics, site content, design, organization, compilation and other matters related to or included on the Sites. My name, The Brown Shed, and all related names, product and service names, logos, slogans and designs are my trademarks and you may not use these marks without my prior written permission. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Sites are the trademarks of their respective owners and should not be used without those respective owners’ permission.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
Content and materials posted to the Site may be the copyrighted content of others (“Third Party Content”) that is used by The Brown Shed either by permission or under Section 107 of the Copyright Act as “fair use” for purposes such as education and research. I respect the intellectual property of others and ask that you to do the same. Users must obtain permission from the owners of any Third Party Content before copying, distributing or otherwise using those materials. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication, or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of the copyright owner.
If you believe that your work has been copied on one or more of the Sites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or otherwise violates your intellectual property rights, please contact me via email at the contact information listed below and provide the following: (i) identification of what is claimed to have been infringed; (ii) identification of what is claimed to be infringing; (iii) your contact information (or the contact information of the person we need to contact about the infringement); (iv) a statement that the person submitting the complaint is doing so with a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law; (v) a statement that the information provided is accurate, and under penalty of perjury; (vi) a physical or electronic signature of the person submitting the complaint; and (vii) if that person is not the owner of the content at issue, a statement that the person submitting the complaint is authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
LINKING TO OUR SITES.
Anyone linking to the Sites must comply with all applicable laws and must not: (i) misrepresent its relationship with The Brown Shed LLC; (ii) present false or misleading information about The Brown Shed; or (iii) contain content that is reasonably considered profanity, offensive, defamatory, vulgar, or unlawful.
ADVERTISEMENTS AND LINKS.
I may at times include advertisements on the Sites. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Sites are solely between you and such advertiser. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by advertisers, including information providers, or any other end users are those of the respective author(s) and not my own. You agree that I shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers. Any affiliate links that I link on the Sites will be clearly marked; however, I encourage you to reach out to me with any questions you may have regarding affiliate links.
You may find links to other websites on a Site. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by The Brown Shed of the contents on such third-party sites, and I expressly disclaim any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. You acknowledge and agree that The Brown Shed shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or products available on or through any such linked site. You agree that it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice, etc., or other content available through such third-party sites.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
THE SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. The Brown Shed, TOGETHER WITH ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. THE RELEASED PARTIES DO NOT GUARANTEE THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, SAFETY, TIMELINESS, LEGALITY, USEFULNESS, ADEQUACY OR SUITABILITY OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON THE SITES. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE TO EXERCISE CAUTION, DISCRETION AND COMMON SENSE WHEN USING THE SITES. THE ENTIRE RISK FOR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES IS BORNE BY YOU.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SITES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK DISRUPTIONS, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER PERSONAL OR COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THE POSTINGS OR ANY MATERIAL LINKED THROUGH THE SITES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITES IS TO CEASE USING THE SITES.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties and/or limitations of liability, so a portion of the this language may not apply to you. In such a case, any such disclaimer or limitation of liability is limited to the minimum extent permissible under applicable law.
CHOICE OF LAW AND VENUE.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to any conflict of laws principle. For any dispute regarding these Terms or the Sites, you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Chappell Hill, Texas.
YOUR COMMENTS AND CONCERNS.
This website is operated by The Brown Shed, P.O. Box 568, Chappell Hill, Texas 77426.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Sites should be directed to: email@example.com
Thank you for visiting the Sites!
Terms and Conditions for the Online Sale of Goods and Services
1. THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS. BY PLACING AN ORDER FOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACCEPT AND ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
YOU MAY NOT ORDER OR OBTAIN PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM MY WEBSITE IF YOU (A) DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, (B) ARE NOT THE OLDER OF (i) AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR (ii) LEGAL AGE TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT WITH The Brown Shed, OR (C) ARE PROHIBITED FROM ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THIS WEBSITE'S CONTENTS, GOODS OR SERVICES BY APPLICABLE LAW.
2. Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all products and services listed in your order. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the products or services to you. We may choose not to accept any orders in our sole discretion. After having received your order, we will send you a confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered. Acceptance of your order and the formation of the contract of sale between The Brown Shed and you will not take place unless and until you have received your order confirmation e-mail.
3. Prices and Payment Terms.
(a) All prices posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for the product or service you purchase will be the price in effect at the time the order is placed and will be set out in your order confirmation e-mail. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after such changes. Listed prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. You will have notice of all such taxes and charges by reviewing your merchandise total in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation e-mail. We are not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors in any offer by us and we reserve the right to cancel any orders arising from such errors.
(b) Terms of payment are within our sole discretion and payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order. We accept Visa, Master Card, and Paypal for all purchases. You represent and warrant that (i) the credit card information you supply to us is true, correct, and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including all applicable taxes, if any.
4. Shipments; Delivery; Title and Risk of Loss.
(a) We will arrange for shipment of the products to you. Please check the individual product page for specific delivery options. You will pay all shipping and handling charges specified during the ordering process.
(b) Title and risk of loss pass to you upon our transfer of the products to the carrier. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments, nor are we required to refund orders lost in the mail. However, if an item is not delivered by the carrier, you must notify us within 30 days of the originally scheduled delivery date. Any decisions regarding whether or not to replace a lost item are within our sole discretion, upon timely notice.
5. Returns and Refunds. Except for any antique/vintage items or products designated on the Site as non-returnable, we will accept a return of the products for a refund of your purchase price, less the original shipping and handling costs, provided such return is made within 10 days of shipment and provided such products are returned in their original condition. To return products, you must e-mail our Returns Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. Upon approval, you are responsible for all shipping and handling charges on returned items. You bear the risk of loss during shipment, meaning if an item is not delivered back to us, you will not be refunded. Refunds are processed within approximately 14 business days of our receipt of your merchandise. Your refund will be credited back to the same payment method used to make the original purchase on the Site. WE OFFER NO REFUNDS ON ANY ANTIQUE/VINTAGE ITEMS OR PRODUCTS DESIGNATED ON THIS SITE AS NON-RETURNABLE.
6. [to be determined]
7. Intellectual Property Use and Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that:
(a) Each product and service marketed on this Site is made available solely for license, not sale, to you and other prospective customers under the terms, conditions, and restrictions of the license agreement posted with/made available to you through a link accompanying the display or description of that specific product or service.
(b) You will comply with all terms and conditions of the specific license agreement for any product or service you obtain through this Site, including, but not limited to, all confidentiality obligations and restrictions on resale, use, reverse engineering, copying, making, modifying, improving, sublicensing and transfer of those licensed products and services. You will not cause, induce or permit others' noncompliance with the terms and conditions of any of these product and service license agreements.
(c) The Brown Shed is and will remain the sole and exclusive owner of all intellectual property rights in and to each product and service made available on this Site and any related specifications, instructions, documentation or other materials, including, but not limited to, all related copyrights, patents, and trademarks and other intellectual property rights, subject only to the limited license granted under the product's or service's license agreement. You do not and will not have or acquire any ownership of these intellectual property rights in or to the products or services made available through this Site, or of any intellectual property rights relating to those products or services.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- GOVERNING LAW. The Parties have entered into this Agreement in the State of Texas and agree that the validity, interpretation, and legal effect of this Agreement, as well as all disputes arising out of the Agreement shall be determined in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, United States of America, without regard to conflicts of law principles that would dictate the application of the law of a different jurisdiction. In the event of any action or proceeding arising out of, relating to or concerning this Agreement, or litigation arising from the terms and conditions of this agreement, including, without limitation, any claim of breach of contract, shall be determined in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, and that venue of any action will be located in the District Court of The United States of America, Washington County, Texas.
- BINDING EFFECT. This Agreement shall be binding upon, is for the sole benefit of the Parties hereto, and inure to the benefit of, the successors, executors, heirs, representatives, administrators, and permitted assigns of the parties. The Parties have no right to assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise.
- INDEMNIFICATION. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, both Photographer and Company agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the respective party, its owners, officers, directors, employees, affiliates, contractors, licensors, successors, or assigns from and against any and all liabilities and expense whatsoever — including without limitation, claims, damages, judgments, awards, settlements, investigations, costs, attorneys’ fees, and disbursements — which any of them may incur or become obligated to pay arising out of or resulting from breach of this Agreement.
- BINDING ARBITRATION. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE TO BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION IN THE STATE OF Texas, OR ANOTHER LOCATION MUTUALLY AGREEABLE TO THE PARTIES. ANY ARBITRATION AWARD MAY BE CONFIRMED IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding and agreement of the Parties with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, inducements or conditions, express or implied, written or oral, between the parties. This agreement expressly supersedes any and all prior written and/or oral agreements, and the terms and conditions of this agreement cannot be modified without the express written consent of both parties. The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be binding upon the parties, their personal representatives, successors and assigns, and may not be assigned to any third party beneficiary.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAW. The parties shall comply with all applicable laws in performing this agreement. Whenever there is any conflict between any provision of this Agreement and any law, the law shall prevail.
- NO WAIVER. If the Parties choose to waive one provision of this agreement, that does not mean that any other provision is also waived. The party against whom a waiver is sought to be effective must have signed a waiver in writing.
- FORCE MAJEURE: If the Photographer cannot perform this Agreement due to a fire, casualty, strike or other civil disturbances, Acts of God, including but not limited to, road closures, severe traffic, fire, terrorism or other causes beyond the control of the parties, then the Photographer shall return any moneys paid by the Client, less retainer fee and expenses, but shall have no further liability with respect to the Agreement. This limitation of liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged, lost through camera malfunction, compact flash card malfunction, or otherwise lost or damaged without the fault on the part of the Photographer. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals.